Date Today

My Calendar

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Changing Lives

Sometimes in life it’s not because we are good then we just ignore what is going on with other people’s life especially when we can do something to help them fix it. I’m not asking everybody to be a super hero I’m just saying that we can help others change their life in our own little way.

There is a place in northern Luzon here in the Philippines called Muliang. It’s really a place far from the so called modernization. The main source of living is planting corn, and sometimes they can go hungry during the rainy season cause the river is too strong and the boat that they are using are not suitable for that kind of weather.

The sad part is that parents tend to force their kids to marry at such a young age of 14-15 because they want their kids to be on their own. Raising a kid is really not easy and I know that but forcing him/her to have the same life as the parents have is just pure insanity.

This is the place where my teacher in the university is devoting his life; he wants to educate both parents and kids so they will know that there is something more than corn and getting married early.

They are looking for a sponsor for the deserving kids, sponsor means paying her school supply until she/he finish school. The first to response here is a black American guy “he actually came to the Philippines to visit the kids and he cried, I can’t imagine a man of such physique really cry like a baby” and he did not just sponsor one kid, he bought them rain coats and slippers. I can’t do what he did because I’m just an average girl with a family to look for and I’m not really earning that much, but I will for sure do something I can to help them with their mission. I will join them on their teaching mission and I’m really looking forward to this.

I also promise that the first check I get from Google ad sense will go to the mission. “that will be maybe one year from now but lets hope it wont come to a point where in 100usd means nothing anymore”…

10 comments:

Divina Joy said...

I feel for the kids. I hope you really reach that goal. :)

_isheloveblog_ said...

i really admire people helping others who doesn't expect in return.I also like doing that..
hope so...in the future. ^_^

strawberry Princess said...

@Divine - yeah I feel for the kids as well...

strawberry Princess said...

@anonymous - Yes I admire them too. I mean it's really a bit hard not to expect something in return

Teresa Cypher said...

I admire you for posting this, Princess, and for joining on the teaching mission. I wish you best of luck. And wonderful that you are donating your adsense to them :-)

Teresa Cypher said...

Oh, I wanted to add also...I think that you do a wonderful job with the blog. Errors? Typos? We don't care :-)

strawberry Princess said...

@teresa - thanks a lot...

adsense might not mean a thing since I'm not really blogging for money, I just found out that it's there for some thing bigger.. a bigger reason.. thanks a lot.

kiran sawhney said...

You are wonderful. I admire you helping others.

Jyoti Mishra said...

your teacher and you both are wonderful, and I heartily wish that your efforts can inspire others to do the same.
Really you are a sweet heart !!

strawberry Princess said...

@jyoti - maybe I'm also just doing it for my self cause every time I see things like this I feel ashame to my self that most of the time I complain to what I have forgetting the fact that I should be thankful that I still have something.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS visit and comment back :)
please leave your URL :)that way I can easily check back :-)
thank you lovely people for your lovely comments.

Powered by Blogger.

Is Your Flag Here

free counters

My Network Blog